Free online percentage change calculator – Enter starting value and final value then click calculate button, then you get the percentage change value.
% Increase = [Final - Initial] / Initial * 100
|Percent off calculator||Percentage decrease calculator|
|Percentage increase calculator||All Math Calculator|
What is a percentage change calculator?
This percentage change calculator is useful when you need it most! As the name suggests, the point of the percentage change calculator is to help you calculate the percentage difference between two numbers, the original value and the new value. Hundreds of people find this tool very useful in various everyday applications such as finance, sales, taxes and inflation, chemistry, physics and various areas of mathematics.
If you want to calculate the percentage increase or decrease of multiple numbers, we recommend using this % decrease calculator. Positive values indicate a percentage increase and negative values indicate a percentage decrease. First, calculate the difference (decrease) between the two compared numbers. Then divide the reduction by the original number and multiply the result by 100.
Percentage change formula
- Formula of Percentage change = [(B – A)/A] * 100
- % change = [Final value – Initial value]/Initial value * 100
- B = Final value
- A = Initial value
See some examples of % change in the table
|Initial value||Final value||Difference||% Change|
How to calculate percentage change?
Example:-If a population in 2020 is 1250056 and 1265685 in 2021 then find what percentage change of population?
- Population in 2020 = 1250056; let x1
- Population in 2021 = 1265685; let x2
- Population increase in 2021 = [(x2 – x1) / x1] * 100
- % change = (1250056 – 1265685) / 12565685 * 100
- % change = ( 15629 ) / 1265685 * 100
- % change of population = + 1.25%
- 1.250% increase in population in 2021.
Example:-A person who has a salary is $5000 after an increment of salary is $5650 then find what percentage change of his salary?
- Initial salary = $5000 ; let z1
- After increament of his salary = $5650; let z2
- Percentage change of his salary = (Z2 – Z1) / Z1 * 100
- % change = (5650 – 5000) / 5000 * 100
- % change = ( 650 ) / 5000 * 100
- % increase = + 13%
- 13% increase of his salary after the increment.