Free online Percentage increase calculator – Enter the initial value and final value then click calculate button, then you get the percentage increase value.
% Increase = [Final - Initial] / Initial * 100
What is the percentage increase calculator?
The online percentage increase calculator is used to calculate the percentage increase from the initial value to the final value. A percentage increase calculator is a tool that is used to determine the percentage increase of a particular number. When calculating the percentage increase of a number, it is necessary to have the initial value, the final value to calculate the percentage increase. In order to find the final value, subtract the initial value from the final value. The final value is then divided by the initial value and multiplied by 100. The final result will be the percentage increase of the particular number.
The percentage increase is positive when the final value is greater than the initial value.
Percentage increase formula
- Formula of Percentage increase = [B – A]/A * 100
- % increase = [Final value – Initial value]/Initial value * 100
- B = Final value
- A = Initial value
See some examples of % increase in table
|Starting value||Final value||Difference||% Increase|
How to calculate a percentage increase?
Example:-If the petrol price is $2.5 in December month and the petrol price is $2.75 in January month then find a percentage increase in January.
- Petrol price in december = $2.5
- Petrol price in january = $2.75
- Percentage increase of price = (January price of petrol – December price of petrol) / December price of petrol * 100
- % increase = (2.75 – 2.5) / 2.5 * 100
- % increase = ( 0.25 ) / 2.5 * 100
- % increase = + 10%
- 10% increase in petrol price in January month.
Example:-If the Diesel price is $1.75 in September month and the diesel price is $2.23 in October months then find a percentage increase in October.
- Diesel price in december = $2.5
- Diesel price in january = $2.75
- Percentage increase of price = (October price of diesel – September price of diesel) / September price of diesel * 100
- % increase = (2.23 – 1.75) / 1.75 * 100
- % increase = ( 0.48 ) / 1.75 * 100
- % increase = + 27.429%
- 27.429% increase in diesel price in October month.